Monday, February 24, 2014

Peanut Butter Cups of Awesome

In my house we celebrate Valentine's Day with homemade chocolates, and these Peanut Butter Cups are always requested.
I found the recipe years ago on Craftster (original post here) and it was an instant favourite with my husband.
Below is my mini-tutorial on making them.
Enjoy!

In a large mixing bowl combine 
1 cup peanut butter (I like smooth)
6 tablespoons butter (softened)
2 cups icing sugar
Using a dough cutter cut the ingredients together til crumbly


Then I squish them into little pucks (see picture below)




 Then I take good quality milk chocolate (I like Berard Callebaut), chop it up, and then melt it using the double-boiler method. You use chocolate chips or melting pucks if you prefer, but I find using the chopped bricks taste better.


 Melt the chocolate, then pour it into prepared cupcake wrappers. I put a little in the bottom, put the peanut butter puck in, then top with more chocolate.
 Once they are done, put them in the fridge to set. I find they taste best, though if served at room temperature.
My husband's Valentine's gift. <3

1 comment: